Meditation: How to get started in this healthy habit
During the last few years people have become aware of how positive some healthy habits are to improve the quality of life. MEDITATION is a healthy habit that anyone can practice, since it is not necessary for you to be a follower of any particular religion or sect.
MEDITATION is a mental practice during which the individual works to reach a state of consciousness, in which he or she does not feel involved with any thought that passes through his mind. This discipline offers many benefits to its practitioners. Some highlighted benefits include inner peace, enhanced mental concentration, good interpersonal relationships, improved work performance, better connection with emotions, just to name a few.
Here is a brief guide to start meditating.
You should know that the best times to meditate are first thing in the morning, as soon as you wake up, and last thing at night, before going to sleep. In the beginning your MEDITATION may last only three to five minutes, but as you practice more and more, you can meditate for longer.
Steps to start meditating
- Choose a comfortable place where you can be alone. You can play lighter instrumental music softly in the background and light incense to create a peaceful atmosphere. Anything to ensure that you are in a “safe” calming space.
- You can be sitting or lying down.
- Close your eyes.
- Relax your whole body.
- Start breathing deeply, but relaxed in form
- Let go of all thoughts that appear in your mind. Do not judge those thoughts, just allow them to be there. Do not get involved with those thoughts, as your essence is not based on the events that happen to you during the day.
- Just concentrate on the present moment, ignore everything else.
- Stay in that relaxed state for a few minutes.
- When you think it is convenient, open your eyes and get up from your bed or the mat where you were meditating.
- Gradually ease back into or continue with your plan for the day if you meditate in the morning, or consequently – you can relax and sleep for a few moments.
- You are just beginning to meditate, therefore you should not demand perfection from yourself. Take all the time you need to master the art of MEDITATION.
Take the trouble to find a specific time and place to practice MEDITATION. Remember to meditate twice: morning and evening, or whatever routine you have created, keep as close as possible to it. Before starting MEDITATION You should feel good, not sleepy and not hungry.
If on one day of your meditation, you have very little time or you are too tired, meditate for a lesser time, but, do not cancel this practice.
A short MEDITATION also greatly improves your quality of life. It also helps your mind to quickly become accustomed to this discipline and makes it easier for you to master it.
Some persons can use this to connect to their higher source of power or to even let their sub-conscience sift through any challenges they may have been facing.